1. The short film must have been completed after 1 January 2012. You can send entry with online form and google drive link of the film.
2. Entries MUST be PAL format only. NTSC is NOT accepted. Festival Management will not be responsible if film is not screened due to problem with the DVD format.
3. The film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non Fiction or Animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm, 16 mm, HD, DIGI BETA, BETA SP, U-MATIC, DV, DVD, but the film must be available on DVD presentation or preview purpose for Technical committee, Selection committee and Jury panel.
4. The Festival does not have particular theme, filmmaker can make film on any genre he/she want
5. Total running time of short film must be less than 35 minutes in length, including front and back credits. There is no minimum running time.
6. The short film can be in any language or any genre. All non-English films must have English sub-titles for festival presentation.
7. Two DVD’s of the film need to be submitted along with the entry. Each Preview DVD should be labelled with the Film title, running-time contact E-mail and phone number.
8. Multiple entries can be submitted, but with separate entry forms, preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed. Each film is considered as a new entry.
9. ASF organization has right to use the Entries / Send / Selected / Nominated films, DVD and materials from the film for festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
10. Films once selected & submitted for final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances until festival is over.
11. The publicity material (Broacher, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant.
12. Transportation and insurance costs of DVDs, related documents, photographs and publicity materials from the country of origin to the Festival Office shall be borne by the applicant. The festival will not be responsible the parcel with airport authority of India or Custom department. The custom duties should be pay by filmmaker/Producers
13. This is Short Film Competition, from over all films juries will select Only 40 Short Films for Screening.
1st July 2019 to 15 th October 2019
16 th October 2019 to 20 th October 2019 (with Indian : Rs 1200/ Foreigners : Rs 2000 Entry Fee) If you have not paid entry fees as on 1st July to 20th October 2019, We will not considered your short film for cash prizes awards as per ASF rules.
Film should be submit before deadline. The Annabhau Sathe international Short Film Festival is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated entries.
Entry Forms with incorrect / inadequate / illegible / ambiguous particulars will not be considered. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to submit DVDs without any physical / quality defects.
The competition is open for professionals as well as students. No separate section for student filmmakers.